Tuesday, July 9, 2013

No More Limits - What will you decide?


When I first got started I was so excited to make my first big check in real estate.  Here is a secret that I don't talk about very often.  I was also extremely scared I would fail.  
However, I was more scared that the pain of regret would far outweigh any kind of failure I could experience trying to achieve ultimate freedom.
I want to tell you about another student of mine named Michael who decided to break through his fears to achive freedom. When Michele first contacted me he was broke, he had no real estate experience, and he was living out of his car.  
He called me and told me wanted to buy one of my training courses but had very little money, and was scared to invest in his education.  
I told Michele that if she wanted it bad enough, if he wanted to succeed more then anything in the world, that he could find a way to come up with the money.  I gave Michael zero excuses.   I never thought I would her from Michael again.
Two weeks later, I got a letter in the mail from Michael with a check inside.  Inside the envelope was a letter.  It said…"Todd, I will make this work…No excuses". I remember my assistant specially wrapping this package from Michael as most orders happen online. I don't know why, but I took the note and I put it on my desk against a picture frame.  
A short time thereafter Michele calls my office and he tells me he just did his first Lease Option deal and make 5K.  He told me that he would be using the money to find an apartment to live while he built up his cash flow.  Over the next few months, I would get calls and emails from Michael telling me about the next deal. 5K, 8K, 7K, they kept rolling in as Michael expanded his knowledge and worked smarter.  I even remember him trading a deal for a car at one point.
My point is that fear can hold us all back.  It almost held Michael back and if he didn't get past them he might still be living in his car.  If you want to live a life without limits, you must take massive action and get past your fears.  Needless to say, Michael is sure not living in his car anymore.
I still have that note on my desk and everytime I have a fear or a doubt about myself or business, I glance over at that note that says "no excuses"
I want to encourage you that your dreams are not only possible, but also completely within your control.  
What will you decide? 
In my next email, I'm going to give you an 18 week mini-plan on how to escape the rat race. You will also hear stories of more people who have made it happen for them. I know you can make it happen for you too.

No comments: