Monday, January 30, 2012

Most Buyers will be cash buyers and investors

When pulling comps you will need to use houses
that are the same style, size, condition and within
at least a five block radius.

I have always pulled at least 5 comparable sales,
getting rid of the highest and lowest comparable
sale leaving me with three, then adding them up
and dividing them by three, giving me a projected
after repaired value.

Quick Tip: One thing you need to keep in mind is
that when you see a high sales price, it is usually a
retail sale.
Towards the end of this section I will show you how to
come up with an accurate ARV. When buying a property
as a wholesaler you need to make offers below 60 percent
of the after repaired value (ARV) in order to build in your profit.

Most of your buyers will be cash buyers and investors that
use hard money loans or private lending. When breaking down
a deal, several things must be taken into account; the neighborhood,
values, property taxes, rents, current and projected cash flow, type
of property, property taxes, repair costs, and exit strategies.

Knowing your neighborhoods is an important part of the
wholesale business. One of the first tips given to me by
one of my mentors was to start looking for properties in
my own neighborhood; you will be surprised what you are able to find right in your own backyard.

No comments: